The new “Left Behind” movie “Rise of the Antichrist” has hit theaters and Christian viewers have weighed in with their thoughts about the film. So what are the reviews like for “Left Behind: Rise of the Antichrist?” Let’s take a look.
The most consistent platform for movie viewer reactions to the new “Left Behind” movie is Rotten Tomatoes. Currently, only audience reviews were present for “Left Behind: Rise of the Antichrist.” Reviews from professional critics were not available there at the writing of this article.
How Do We Know Rotten Tomatoes Audience Reviews Are Accurate?
Rotten Tomatoes is a review-aggregation website for movie and TV projects that has been around since 1998. The website has long been a source for viewers who want to gauge if a movie or series is worth their time. The main sources for that are curated professional critic reviews and reviews from everyday viewers.
How does Rotten Tomatoes know that reviews for “Left Behind: Rise of the Antichrist” are from people who have actually watched the movie?
The website explains: “With films for which we can verify users have bought a ticket, the default Audience Score we show is made up of ‘Verified Ratings,’ which represents the percentage of users who have rated a movie or TV show positively who we can verify [they have] bought a ticket…”
The “Left Behind” movie reviews for this 2023 film are from people who can prove they bought a ticket to watch it.
What Is the Audience Score for Kevin Sorbo’s Left Behind Movie?
The current audience score for the movie is a whopping 98% based on more than 100 verified ratings. The movie is considered “fresh,” as opposed to “rotten.” The “Left Behind” 2023 movie would be “rotten” if less than 60% of users gave it a star rating of 3.5 or higher.
What Are Viewers Saying About the Left Behind Movie?
Most viewers say “Left Behind” is a good, Bible-inspired film. There were some viewers who also noted “Left Behind’s” low-budget quality.
Here are some reactions from viewers:
- “Well-produced and timely for today’s and future events.”
- “Very convicting movie. Acting was decent and the relation between what is going on in the world today makes it a very intimidating movie.”
- “Such potential, but like most Christian movies, the low budget is reflected in the final product. I pray that many hearts will be stirred and the Gospel will be heard.”
- “This was a wonderful movie based on the books with the same name. There [w]as also some nice commentary at the end. This movie touched on some cultural happenings and made me more aware of the prophecy and how I need to spread the good news!”
- “Intense movie! Much better than the 2014 version.”
- “Semi-interesting as fantasy. (Almost.) Otherwise nothing more than an evangelical service.”
You can read more viewer responses at Rotten Tomatoes.
What Is Left Behind: Rise Of The Antichrist About?
The plot line for the movie states: “After millions of people vanish and the world falls into chaos, the only light is a charismatic leader who rises to become head of the U.N. But does he bring hope for a better future? Or is it the end of the world?”
Some Christian viewers will recall that the movie is based on the popular end times book series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Read more about the plot, cast and how you can watch the new “Left Behind” movie here.
Read about more end times movies here.